Unable to build 1.4.2 on FreeBSD

Dennis Davis D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk
Thu Aug 11 07:10:22 EDT 2005

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Vladimir Terziev wrote:

> From: Vladimir Terziev <vladimir.terziev at sun-fish.com>
> To: Dennis Davis <D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk>
> Cc: ccsdhd at bath.ac.uk, kerberos at mit.edu
> Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:29:04 +0300
> Subject: Re: Unable to build 1.4.2 on FreeBSD
>
> 	This is from import_name.c:
>
> [snip] ... [snip]
>
> #include "gssapiP_krb5.h"
>
> #ifndef NO_PASSWORD
> #include <pwd.h>
> #ifdef HAVE_GETPWUID_R
> #include <stdio.h>
> #endif
> #endif
>
> [snip] ... [snip]
>
> It seems the configure script doesn't define HAVE_GETPWUID_R for
> some reason. Respectively stdio.h is not included.

getpwuid_r is the re-entrant version of getpwuid.  You may need
this in threaded applications.  getpwuid_r is available on modern
versions of Solaris, isn't there on OpenBSD and presumably isn't
there on FreeBSD.

However I'm not sure that things are as simple as getpwuid_r being
(quite rightly) undefined.  At first glance the code in krb5-1.4.2
doesn't look much different to the code in krb5-1.4.1.  And I didn't
see this problem with krb5-1.4.1.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis at bath.ac.uk               Phone: +44 1225 386101