Can't find libgcc after building 1.4.1

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Thu Aug 4 11:59:01 EDT 2005

>> I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in a shell script that then ran the 'configure'.
>> The 'make' then ran OK, but 'make install' bombed out right near the
>> beginning, while 'making install in util ...'.
>>
>> I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.  This is the first time I've
>> installed MIT K5 with shared libraries (which now is the default), so
>> I'm not used to dealing with these issues.

It soulds like you are building Kerberos in one directory and then
installing into a different diretory, but then copying it
to some other directory.

With  the proper choice of of --prefix  to point at where it will
eventially be installed (then rpath will have $prefix/lib )and the
use of  DESTDIR=  when you do the make install to some other location,
you should not have to force any aditional rpath variables.

We do this by building krb5 in AFS then copying to a local system.