Problem building an API program against 1.4.1

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Aug 1 14:31:41 EDT 2005

>> gcc -c ${source} `${newly_installed_krb5}/bin/krb5-config --cflags`
>> gcc -o ${target} ${objects} \
>> 	`${newly_installed_krb5}/bin/krb5-config --libs`
>>
>> ? or (to possibly uncover a bone of contention) does krb5-config not
>> emit -R options?
>
>krb5-config can't not safely emit -R options because it doesn't know what
>cc is used.

Hm.  I think we have a problem here.  Certainly MIT's krb5-config emits
-R options (on the appropriate platform), and the autoconf glue that
I've written assumes that it does.  I was under the impression that
gcc (at least on Solaris) passes -R options to ld unmolested (I just
tested that, and that's true on Solaris).

--Ken