Multiple realms

Kenneth Grady klg at lanl.gov
Thu Apr 28 10:02:44 EDT 2005

You can have multiple realms on the same KDC. When you start krb5kdc you
need the "-r realm1 -r realm2" flag.  To setup the multiple realms you
can run krb5_util create for realm1 (see kdc.conf) then krb5_util dump
realm1.file, krb5_util destroy realm1, modify kdc.conf for realm2,
krb5_util create realm2, krb5_util load -update realm1.file then you
will have realm1 and realm2 in one database.

There is a small problem adding entries to realm1 you need to run
"kadmin.local -r realm1" entries for realm2 can be added with just
"kadmin.local"