KRB5 1.4 vs. KRB5 1.3.6 on AIX 5.2

Lamar.Saxon@americredit.com Lamar.Saxon at americredit.com
Tue Apr 26 14:38:24 EDT 2005

Downloaded KRB5 1.4.1 and the installation worked great with GCC and AIX
make.  None of the problems that were encountered with 1.4.0 and the
unbalanced "(".

The problem with:

/usr/local/kerberos/bin/kinit -V
kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm
while getting initial credentials

still exist.  If I force it to version 4 KRB it seems to work with the
krb5.conf:

/usr/local/kerberos/bin/kinit -4 xxxxxxx
Password for xxxxxx at xxx.xxxxxxxxxx.xxx:
kinit(v4): Can't send request (send_to_kdc)

The krb5.conf file is the same file that worked with the 1.3.6 version
of KRB5.  It does not seem to work with KRB 1.4 or 1.4.1.  Any one
having similar problems or solutions ?

Thanks,
Lamar