Cross-Realm Authentication

Anne & Lynn Wheeler lynn at garlic.com
Fri Apr 22 04:03:44 EDT 2005

darren.hoch at litemail.org (Darren Hoch) writes:
> I am giving a pretty lengthy presentation on Sun Kerberos next week
> and I want to make sure I have the correct understanding of how
> cross-realm authentication works.

for some topic drift ... not too long ago i sat thru a presentation on
a SAML implementation for cross-domain authentication; i observed that
the message flows looked almost exactly like kerberos cross-domain
message flows. the person giving the presentation looked surprised
that anybody knew anything about kerberos and then finally commented
something about practically there are just a limited number of ways
for information flowing between domains.