Reading KDCs from DNS (multiple domain controlers and KDCs)

Pawe? paci at w.pl
Mon Apr 18 09:15:40 EDT 2005

I need to support configuration with many Domain Controlers. I found
that I can enter many KDCs in krb5.conf file f.e.:
[realms]
XYZ.INTERNAL.COM = {
	kdc = s1.xyz.internal.com:88
	kdc = s2.xyz.internal.com:88
	}
Is it correct ?

I've heard that it is possible to read all domain controlers (and
kerberos KDCs) from DNS. Could you tell me how to do it ? I found
parameter dns_lookup_kdc which is set krb5.conf file. May be it is the
one used for that purpose ?

Configuration:
  KDC: Windows 2000 domain
  User to be authenticated from: PC workstation with Oracle 9.2 with
Advanced Security on Windows 2000 or XP
  Service principal for: Oracle 9.2 with Advanced Security database on
True64 unix v. 5.1

I will be thankfull for any help.

Best regards,
Pawel Ciborski