Krb server sources

SFBZH@aol.com SFBZH at aol.com
Fri Apr 15 12:14:57 EDT 2005

I'm looking for something that probably doesn't exist but, well, let's ask.Are there somewhere free Kerberos server sources which can be compiled either on a windows on Linux OS? (Or any team working on sth like that) (I mean Kerberos server, server only...)
I want to create a server to support all user related functions for a software suite. (user configurations, rights, authentification, audit storage) I don't mind about logings on workstations because my workstations will never stop (no need to get a TGT for OS user sessions). I will have a client on each workstation to manage Kerberos tickets and begining and end of user sessions. In fact, the OS will have only one user and always the same session and my client will ask users for their login & password to create sessions on my softs. The reason not to use OS sessions is a constraint about the time between the use of my softs by users. I want to be able to change current user without stoping the soft in use. And the funy joke in all that mess is that I don't know if the PC on which my server will be installed will work over windows or linux. If it's Linux, I don't think there will be any pb (MIT release). The pb is with Windows. I know that MS has set up some kind of Kerberos with Active directory on W2000, W2003, NT & XP. I would rather not use that. If I can have a Kerberos server separated from the OS, it would be perfect.Well, I think it's quite clear now. If you have any question, I'll be pleased to answer. If you have any answer, I'll be VERY pleased to read.
Matthieu