Key derivation with non-ASCII characters

Frank Taylor FrankSTaylor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:12:01 EDT 2004

Many thanks for this information!

Some initial testing shows that this works. My AD is set to codepage
437 (US), which encodes a pound sign as 0x9c (156). I set the password
on the AD itself so there are no problems with differing codepage
settings. Converting the secret£ password using this encoding produces
the right DES key.

RESULT -----------------------------------------------------
RESULT Password:  secret£DEV.PROPERO.INTpaeuser1
RESULT Bytes:     73 65 63 72 65 74 9c 44 45 56 2e 50 52 4f 50 45 52
4f 2e 49 4e 54 70 61 65 75 73 65 72 31
RESULT Method:    Boolean[64]
RESULT Generated: 202ba9bfe70ad37
RESULT Wanted:    202ba9bfe70ad37
RESULT Outcome:   PASS

Many thanks to all who have helped track this information down... now
I need to go off and figure out what to do with it!

Frank.