UNIX GSS-API / Windows SSPI :

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Mon Sep 20 15:32:44 EDT 2004

The MIT ktutil has an addent subcommand added in 1999-08-06 sometime
prior to version 1.2.2.  Heimdal implemented the add subcommand in
March of 1998.

As you point out the Solaris 9 verison of ktutil does not have this.
I don't think it has arcfour support in the libs either. We use MIT
Kerberos on Solaris which does introperate will with Windows AD.

Jacques Lebastard wrote:

>>> How can I check this and, second question, how can I generate a
>>> keytab with RC4-HMAC encryption ? The ktpass tool does not accept the
>>> RC4-HMAC crypto type:
>>

>> If you knew the password (or key) added to AD, you could try using
>> ktutil,
>> instead of ktpass.
>> Use addent ... -e arcfour-hmac-md5
>>
>> Ktutil let me create a keytab, I don't know if is correct.
>

> No such 'addent' command for ktutil running on Solaris 9 :-(  :

  Argonne National Laboratory
  9700 South Cass Avenue
  Argonne, Illinois  60439
  (630) 252-5444