PAM_KRB5 Issue

Tyson Oswald oswaldt at ameritech.net
Mon Sep 20 14:14:09 EDT 2004

Norbert Klasen <norbert.klasen at avinci.de> wrote:

--On Freitag, 17. September 2004 10:26 -0700 Tyson Oswald
wrote:

> I have successult gotten SEAM -> AD to work on our Solaris 8 machines,
> and am now trying to get it to work on our Solaris 9 servers. I have
> setup the krb5.conf file exactly the same. I am unable to login with
> my AD crednetials. I find this error in /var/adm/messages
>
> PAM_KRB5 (auth): error reading service ticket (authentication failed):
> No such file or directory
>
> I also get an error referring to a not being able to fine the
> credentials for the host on the default keytab file which I don't
> understand, as I do not have a KDC server setup.

Do you have an entry for the "host" principal in the system's keytab? Does
the system's keytab (usually /etc/krb5.keytab) exists at all?

Norbert

I do not actually.  I never had to do that with Solaris 8, so I was wondering.  I'm in the process of gettign user IDs created in AD for the system.

-Tyson