UNIX GSS-API / Windows SSPI :

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Tue Sep 14 13:10:54 EDT 2004

There is no need to nor should you set the tkt and tgs enctypes.
MIT Kerberos 1.3 and higher support all of the enctypes used by
the Windows Kerberos SSPI.

If your service is running on Unix, then you must make sure that
you create a keytab containing entries for each of the keys that
Windows can produce for the SPN.  (RC4-HMAC, DES-CBC-MD5, DES-CBC-CRC).
The DES enctypes will only be used if the account associated with
the SPN is marked DES only.

Jeffrey Altman