Kerberos and UW-IMAP

Donn Cave donn at drizzle.com
Tue Sep 14 01:41:19 EDT 2004

Quoth dlucio at okay.com.mx (Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz):
| Well, I seems I forgot to export keytab for imap/server.name
|
| but where do you read that I should be on /etc/krb5.keytab? I'd like to reed
| UW-IMAP doc but it's so poor :(

Well, of course nothing in the code for imapd actually specifies
/etc/krb5.keytab.  That just happens to be the default location,
in the predominate Kerberos implementations on UNIX.  It's like
inetd.conf, which you must modify if you install imapd -- unless
your platform uses something else.  Your UNIX system administrator
is presumed to be a more reliable source for this than the author
of imapd.

	Donn Cave, donn at drizzle.com