Please help: Kerberos and web applications?

Andreas andreas at conectiva.com.br
Mon Sep 13 17:52:35 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 03:10:55PM -0400, rachel elizabeth dillon wrote:
> It is possible that your question is answered by this question in the
> Kerberos FAQ:
> http://www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/CCS/people/kenh/kerberos-faq.html#kerbwww
> There has also been some work done on integrating Kerberos into
> apache and Mozilla, but this is highly experimental if it works at
> all and not suitable for production environments.

It works. Mozilla 1.7.2, firefox 0.9.2, konqueror from kde-3.3 and the
gnome browser (forgot the name) have support for the SPNEGO extension
which is basically kerberos 5. For the Apache side one can use mod_auth_kerb
from http://modauthkerb.sourceforge.net/.

Now, regarding stability and reliability, I can't help that much. I installed
this on my local machine for testing and it just worked, but I don't know
how it would behave under higher load.