Use of Encryption for KRB_AP_REQ

Ahluwalia, Ish iahluwalia at sonusnet.com
Fri Sep 10 19:43:08 EDT 2004

Hi All:

I'm new to kerberos world, so appologies in advance if it's too basic of a question.  Does MIT kerberos support des3-cbc-md5 encryption type?  I have a requirement which requires me to have the Authenticator field of the AP_REQ to be encrypted using 3des-cbc-md5 encryption algorithm.  Looking at krb5.h file and the IETF specification, it doesn't look like this algorithm is supported.  Any help will be greatly appreciated?  Is there a way to get around this problem and still use MIT kerberos V5.

Thanks.

Ish...