login pop up

Alexandra Ellwood lxs at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 7 09:56:13 EDT 2004

On Sep 7, 2004, at 1:31 AM, cchoff at comcast.net wrote:

> can you tell me how to get rid of the pop up "kerbero for macintosh"
> that keep s poping up in my dock and on my screen?  i tred deleting it
> from had drive but did not work.  i did not intentionally down load
> this and have not created any passwords that I can get through the
> login either.  Thanks, chandler

The Kerberos dialog is triggered by applications making Kerberos
requests.  Most likely one of your applications is configured to use
Kerberos.  In order to be able to help you track down which application
is responsible, I need more information about your setup:

* What Mac OS X version are you running?

* Are you using Classic?

* What version of Kerberos is shown in the dialog (it should be in the
lower left corner)?

* Does some action trigger the dialog (eg: checking mail) or does it
appear spontaneously?

* If it appears spontaneously, what applications are you running when
the dialog appears?

Thanks,

--lxs
Alexandra Ellwood <lxs at mit.edu>