problem setting up ssh-krb5 from Debian Sarge

Wes Chow wes at woahnelly.net
Thu Oct 28 15:43:44 EDT 2004

> 	Yeah, it looks like the user account "wchow" doesn't exist on the
> remote machine, which seems odd since you said that the telnet works.
> But the line in your output:
>
> debug1: Starting up PAM with username "wchow"
> Failed none for wchow from 192.168.0.13 port 32804 ssh2
>
> 	... shows that PAM is failing this user log in.
>
> D.
>

> Sam Hartman wrote:
> > Your pam account stack is claiming that you are not authorized to log
> > in.

Do I have to do anything special to my PAM stack?  I haven't touched
it at all.

On a possibly related note, I'm having problems getting PAM
authentication to work with console logins.  I've added the line "auth
sufficient pam_krb5.so forwardable" to /etc/pam.d/common-auth and
"session optional pam_krb5.so" to /etc/pam.d/common-session.  It's
complaining with the error "Authentication service cannot retrieve
authentication info."  Googling on that, ironically, comes up with
my previous email about not being able to get ssh-krb5 to work.

Thanks,
Wes

--
http://www.woahnelly.net/~wes/          OpenPGP key = 0xA5CA6644
fingerprint = FDE5 21D8 9D8B 386F 128F  DF52 3F52 D582 A5CA 6644