Renewable Tickets

Rachel Elizabeth Dillon red at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 25 16:07:43 EDT 2004

Do you have something like this in /etc/krb5kdc/kdc.conf (or wherever
your kdc configuration files live) :

max_renewable_life = 7d 0h 0m 0s

? I don't have anything in my /etc/krb5.conf about renewable times,
and I can kinit -R successfully. Other than that my configuration is
out of the box MIT Kerberos, at least with regard to renewable tickets.
Were I on your position, I would try taking out all of the extra lines
about renewable tickets, restart everything, and try again; I think
renewable tickets work by default, based on the documentation I just
went and glanced at.

Best of luck,

-r.