Portability, RPC and kerberos v5?

Kevin Coffman kwc at citi.umich.edu
Fri Oct 8 10:07:21 EDT 2004

Rob, our rpcsec_gss code is currently part of our "experimental" patches for
linux nfs-utils-1.0.6
(http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/nfs-utils-patches/1.0.6-19/n
fs-utils-1.0.6-04-add_gssd.dif specifically.) This code (perhaps with slight
modification) has been used for our *BSD ports as well.  Note that although
this is all considered "experimental" at this time, the rpc code has been
tested against Solaris rpcsec_gss using Kerberos 5.  AFAIK, this code has
not been used on Windows.  Hummingbird has an NFSv4 client (which requires
rpcsec_gss), but I don't know if their rpc code can be accessed directly.