WindowsXP/Solaris : incorrect key version number

Tyson Oswald oswaldt at ameritech.net
Wed Oct 6 15:22:17 EDT 2004

Jacques,

I ran into a simlar issue with going form Solaris to Windows AD.
ktpass increments the ktnvo every time tyou run it against an account,
and will create your keytab with the ktvno.  On our servers the
account created always started with 4.  Make sure that your keytab is
the most recent generated, and that you don't have multiple prinicpals
in your keytab on the serve with different ktvno numbers.

Tyson