ld.so.1: kinit: fatal: libkrb4.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory

Ying Zhao Ying.Zhao at ithaka.org
Tue Oct 5 09:00:49 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I downloaded krb5-1.3.5-sparc-sun-solaris2.9.tar and unpacked the tar to
get it installed on my UNIX box. Then I tried to run kinit (the one in
the unpacked directory), I got an error:

ld.so.1: kinit: fatal: libkrb4.so.2: open failed: No such file or
directory

Then I checked the directory structure and found the unpacked stuff is
under $MU_CURRENT_DIR/usr/local/lib. Should this be a problem if the all
the kinit etc. are supposed to directly run under /usr/local/bin, and
libraray be under /usr/local/lib rather than build another directory
structure under my current dir?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

- Ying