W2k3 and Hotfix KB833708

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Tue Nov 2 16:22:18 EST 2004

I experience problems with Hotfix KB833708 on a w2k3 kdc and MIT 1.2.4 (yes
I know its old). The fix works fine when I use MIT 1.3.1 which supports RC4.

When I extract a keytab which is associated with a computer account in AD I
get decrypt integrity check failed errors. It is the same error as described
by Nathan earkier at
http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2004-April/005080.html. I can get
the decrypt error solved, when I change the user account contol flag from
UF_TRUSTED_WORKSTATION_ACCOUNT to UF_NORMAL_ACCOUNT ( I think it means
changing it from a computer account to a user account)

Has anybody experienced this too ? Do I miss another Hotfix ?

Thanks
Markus