Validation with Kerberos 5, SAP Linux, SNC for SSO

JuanM eltoken02 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Nov 1 21:44:32 EST 2004

We want to install Single Sign on functionality for SAP, with BC-SNC, Kerberos 5 and Active
Directory, but when we configure SNC in SAP with kerberos we have a validation error as soon as
start SAP.
Notice:
We have installed SAP over Linux which has Kerberos 5, the library that we are using is
libgssapi_krb5.so.
The domain controllers of the AD are Windows 2003.

The configuration seems to be ok, we create the accounts in the AD (Linux server account
“hostname” and SAP Service account “SAPServiceXXX”), however when SAP starts we FIND the following
error:

N  SncInit(): Initializing Secure Network Communication (SNC)
N        Intel x86 with Linux (st,ascii,SAP_UC/size_t/void* = 8/32/32)
N  SncInit():   	found snc/data_protection/max=3, using 3 (Privacy Level)
N  SncInit():   	found snc/data_protection/min=3, using 3 (Privacy Level)
N  SncInit():   	found snc/data_protection/use=3, using 3 (Privacy Level)
N  SncInit(): 	found snc/gssapi_lib=/usr/kerberos/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so
N    File "/usr/kerberos/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so" dynamically loaded as GSS-API v2 library.
N    The internal Adapter for the loaded GSS-API mechanism identifies as:
N    Internal SNC-Adapter (Rev 1.0) to Kerberos 5/GSS-API v2
N  SncInit():   	found snc/identity/as=p:SAPServiceXXX at DOMAIN.COM
N  *** ERROR => SncPAcquireCred()==SNCERR_GSSAPI  [sncxxall.c 1510]
N        GSS-API(maj): Miscellaneous failure
N        GSS-API(min): Permission denied
N      Could't acquire ACCEPTING credentials for
N      name="p: SAPServiceXXX at DOMAIN.COM"
N  SncInit(): Fatal -- Accepting Credentials not available!
N  <<- SncInit()==SNCERR_GSSAPI
N           sec_avail = "false"

I can’t find any information for the error code.
Could you please help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance!