GSS API and impersonate client in the server

Mattias Karlsson mattias.karlsson at sungard.com
Mon Nov 1 10:15:14 EST 2004

Hi and thanks for your answer.

I now have a GSS sample client that can authenticate to a SSPI sample
server. The sample server can then impersonate the client via the SSPI
call ImpersonteSecurityContext.

However, this does not work if the SSPI sample server runs on a Win
2k3 SE machine. It works if the server runs on a XP (SP 1 or SP 2) or
a Win2K machine. This really puzzles me!

The error I get is a "Miscellaneous failure" with "Unknown error code"
in the GSS sample client when feeding the gss_init_sec_context
function the token received from the server (gss_accept_sec_context
call).

Is it possible that some default configuration etc on Win 2K3 SE
triggers this? How is Win 2k3 SE different from XP/Win 2K (in a
"Kerberos view")?

Thanks
Mattias