Kerberos on Solaris 9

Pierre Goyette pierre at montreal.hcl.com
Mon May 31 15:46:13 EDT 2004

Laurent,

I gave up trying to get Sun's Kerberos working on Solaris 9.  I
installed the MIT 1.3.3 binaries on my sun box which is an application
server.

I configured my /etc/krb5.conf, /etc/inetd.conf and my /etc/krb5.keytab
file.

When I telnet to the sun box, I get logged in automatically (e.g. I see
the "Last login: xxx" line appear) and then I get asked for a password
again. I know that this is solaris asking for the password again (and
not Kerberos). I do not have anything set in /etc/pam.conf and have read
that Sun's pam_krb.so.1 is not compatible with MIT Kerberos.

What do I need to do to pam to get this working properly?

TIA

Pierre