MIT Kerberos KDC & W2K Client: Changing expired password issueMIT Kerberos KDC & W2K Client: Changing expired password issue

Lara Adianto m1r4cle_26 at yahoo.com
Sun May 30 08:35:38 EDT 2004

Hi,

I also experienced the same problem as William
G.Zereneh
(http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2004-May/005341.html).
I'm able to change the password using ctrl-alt-del,
but when the password is expired and windows asks me
to change the password, I encountered "Domain
MIT.REALM.COM is not available" error.

As I sniff the packet, it noticed that it sent a CLDAP
query message with filter: (&(DnsDomain =
MIT.REALM.COM)(Host = myhostname)(NtVer=\006)
which is returned NULL by my
_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.REALM.MIT.COM
How to resolve this problem ? maybe there's a missing
entry in my DNS ?
Is it mandatory for the MIT Kerberos KDC (I installed
it on RedHat Linux) to have an LDAP service to resolve
the CLDAP request ?
and can LDAP actually entertains CLDAP request since
LDAP is using TCP while CLDAP is using UDP ?
Can I resolve the CLDAP request using Windows 2000
server instead ?

Any ideas will be very appreciated

Regards from newbie,
lara

=====
La vie, voyez-vous, ca n'est jamais si bon ni si mauvais qu'on croit
                                                                        - Guy de Maupassant -