libcom_err.so3 not found

Nebergall, Christopher cneberg at sandia.gov
Fri May 28 11:31:23 EDT 2004

libcom_err.so should be part of any Kerberos rpm package (I don't know if it
requires the dev packages). I did a search for this on the web for Mandrake
and most of my results were for old versions of Kerberos, but the Mozilla
extension has been tested with krb5-1.2.7 and newer, so you should be able
to find something.

You can do a search hear for libcom_err.so
http://rpm.pbone.net/

For the newer versions you might have to compile from source.
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/krb5-1.3/

Keep in mind that the kerberos extensions to Mozilla are only useful or
required if you are using active directory and want have single sign-on to
IIS or if you use any KDC and want to use single sign-on to mod_auth_kerb
from http://modauthkerb.sourceforge.net/ otherwise the warning you saw can
be safely ignored.  (The warning message was annoying people so it will be
suppressed for Mozilla 1.7 final in all bug debug builds).

-Christopher