MIT KDC & Windows Client - change password & cross realm referral

Lara Adianto m1r4cle_26 at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 08:55:45 EDT 2004

Hello,

I've been experimenting with heimdal kerberos on the
cross-realm authentication, for windows 2000 clients
to authenticate to heimdal KDC, and just found out
that there seems to be a problem with the changing
password interoperability between the win2k client and
heimdal KDC.

Therefore, I intend to switch to MIT Kerberos but need
to confirm the interoperability features of MIT KDC
and windows clients:

1. Is the any issue of change password incompatibility
between MIT KDC and windows clients ? Will a user from
a win2k / winXP machine be able to change his/her
password in MIT KDC using ctrl-alt-del or when the
password is expired ?

In the following link:
http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2004-April/005326.html,