Basic question

Adam_Yavner@NAI.com Adam_Yavner at NAI.com
Thu May 13 11:13:03 EDT 2004

I would like to understand Kerberos authentication at a fundamental
level, and most of my research is turning up examples that are way too
complicated or way too simple...

Do you know of (or could jot down) a basic, packet-level breakdown of
the authentication process?

By that, I mean, what the conversation looks like between client and
server in relation to time and direction of traffic

Kinda like the old

syn --->
syn ack --->

I think if I could find that basic foundation (in my language as a
network person) perhaps that would help me with my studies (our mgmt
wants us all Security+...)

> Adam Yavner, CCNP, MCSE, NNCSS
> Global Lab Manager: North America
>
> McAfee Network Security