Exporting to keytabs

Sensei noone at nowhere.org
Tue May 11 04:43:50 EDT 2004

Hi.

I was wondering about a minimal installation of kerberos 5 (mit). Is it
*really* necessary to export principals in the krb5.keytab? And in this
case, which principals?

I know it depends on the services running on the server, so I make an
example:

- krb5 (kdc, admin server)
- ldap (with sasl gssapi)
- afs
- ssh
- cvs (ONLY via ssh)

Ldap requires its own keytab for gssapi authentication, but I'm not
talking about this: I'm talking about the global keytab created in the
kadmin via the ``ktadd principal at REALM'' command.

Keep in mind that my question is about the MINIMAL requirements for
making all this stuff work.

--
Sensei    <mailto:senseiwa at tin.it>
           <icqnum:241572242>