kerberos password change in master-slave environment

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed Mar 24 18:02:03 EST 2004

>Could you elaborate a bit?  First of all, does 'error' include just
>incorrect password (because the new, correct, one hasn't yet propagated)?

Since you asked ... currently, the following list of error codes is ones
that the KDC will _not_ retry on:

KRB5_KDC_UNREACH
KRB5_PREAUTH_FAILED
KRB5_LIBOS_PWDINTR
KRB5_REALM_CANT_RESOLVE

(it's left as a exercise to the reader to determine which error strings
these map to).

>Secondly, to which config parameters do you refer?

You need to have an admin_server entry (or there's another entry you can use
which I always forget) in your krb5.conf.

--Ken