Any way to use kerberos for "anonymous" internet users?

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 23 16:07:10 EST 2004

    Dodson,> Does anybody have suggestions on how to employ Kerberos
    Dodson,> for "authenticating" an anonymous internet user?  I want
    Dodson,> to give them a ticket that maps to a restricted set of
    Dodson,> permissions appropriate to their anonymous status.  I
    Dodson,> came across a draft that referred to using Kerberos in
    Dodson,> this way but it appears to have been dropped...never
    Dodson,> became RFC.

The anonymous flag was dropped from Kerberos extensions because it was
poorly specified.

People at umich had a description of a junk principals realm/KDC on
this list about a year ago.  IT seems to be what you are looking for.