kpasswd for DCE KDC

Saho Masuda SAHO at jp.ibm.com
Mon Mar 15 07:49:01 EST 2004

Sorry for the late reply.

>Many years ago we had a mod to the MIT kpasswd  (The deamon) to
> execl("/usr/bin/dcecp", "dcecp", (char *)0);
>then pass it commands to reset the user's password.
>If you are intetrested I can send them.

I'm very interested in your mod.
Could you send it to me?

Thanks in advance.

             "Douglas E.
             Engert"
             <deengert at anl.gov                                          To
             kerberos-bounces@         kerberos at mit.edu
             mit.edu                                               Subject
                                       Re: kpasswd for DCE KDC

             2004/03/12 21:40

Saho Masuda wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've configured my kerberos which using DCE (IBM DCE V3.2)  security
Server
> as a KDC on AIX machine.
> I could get TGT by kinit command. But I couldn't use kpasswd well.
>
> monaco #  ./kpasswd saho
> ./kpasswd: Server not found in Kerberos database getting initial ticket
>
> My question is:
>  Can I use MIT kpasswd command  for the server which uses DCE as a KDC ?

Many years ago we had a mod to the MIT kpasswd  (The deamon) to
 execl("/usr/bin/dcecp", "dcecp", (char *)0);
then pass it commands to reset the user's password.
If you are intetrested I can send them.

> Thanks for advance.

 Argonne National Laboratory
 9700 South Cass Avenue