Krb5 installation on SuSe linux

Alex Rosen la_nigiro at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 06:52:20 EST 2004

Hi !
I'm installing kerberos5 on SuSe linux (2.4.19)
running as native LPAR under z800 machine.
When running configure script from src directory, I
get :
configure: loading cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler...
yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none
needed
Looking for ././config
configure: adding extra warning flags for gcc
built in krb4 support
checking which version of com_err to use... krb5
checking which version of subsystem package to use...
krb5
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for socket... yes
checking if DNS Kerberos lookup support should be
compiled in... yes
checking for res_search... no
checking for res_search in -lresolv... no
configure: error: Cannot find resolver support routine
res_search in -lresolv
What can be a problem ?
Thanks.