Java Kerberos and Windows 2003 Server

Rouiller Claude claude.rouiller at rtc.ch
Mon Jun 21 03:31:01 EDT 2004

Seema

Now, I've configured the client to use TCP only
(I've set "udp_preference_limit = 1" in krb5.ini).

That solves the problem so far.

In fact I realiszed that it wasn't only a problem with kinit, but with the
GSS-API as well.
(Maybe the GSS-API uses kinit internally?).

The problem occurs when the packets are too large for UDP and the client
switchs to TCP. The error seems to occur during the TCP-fallback. Here is a
part of the stack trace:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
tried to access class sun.security.krb5.KrbKdcReq
from class sun.security.krb5.internal.az

Claude