Size difference of libraries between 1.2 and 1.3

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 18 13:45:22 EDT 2004

Stephen> I am upgrading from 1.2.7 to 1.3.4 using essentially the same configuration
Stephen> options:
Stephen> ./configure --without-krb4 --enable-dns --enable-shared --enable-profiled
Stephen> --with-tcl=/usr/local
Stephen> The size of libkrb5.a (for example), went from 850kB to 10MB.
Stephen> My build environment: Solaris 9, gcc 3.2.1

I believe we changed to using autoconf's C compiler selection
algorithms from our own; this may have caused '-g' to be added to the
CFLAGS by default.  I don't think the code changes between 1.2.x and
1.3.x in libkrb5 would result in that kind of growth.

---Tom