storing tickets in memory

Markus Moeller huaraz at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 12 06:21:37 EDT 2004

I think the problem is the trust you have to the owner of the device you use
to authenticate yourself. If it is not your own you have lost as the owner
can put any type of keystroke logger on to it to catch your password in
clear. This might be less of an issue if you use a smartcard and pkinit to
authenticate. Yes then I agree the credential cache in /tmp is an issue (but
as mentioned earlier a memory cache doesn't help either), especially if the
credentials have a long validity time. Access to the credential cache of a
user means you can login to the systems this user is authorised to without
knowing their password. kinit -k keytab uses the keytab details for
authentication.

Regards
Markus

news:donn-6A68D6.13243010062004 at nntp2.u.washington.edu...