false time out of bounds error

David Botsch dwb7 at ccmr.cornell.edu
Fri Jun 11 00:12:36 EDT 2004

I think I've found the actions causing the time out of bounds error.

If, approximately 10 minutes after doing "kinit -5", one runs krb524init
several times (one right after the other or hours apart, doesn't matter), one
cannot then get a kerb4 pop service ticket with fetchmail. One instead gets the
time out of bounds error.

kinit -R doesn't seem to help at all.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 08:12:10PM -0400, David Botsch wrote:
> Yes. As a matter of fact, all the computers are configured exactly the same
> w.r.t timezone/etc.
>
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 06:50:23PM -0400, Ken Raeburn wrote:
> > On Jun 10, 2004, at 17:46, David Botsch wrote:
> > >Has anyone seen any what seem to be falsely generated time out of
> > >bounds errors?
> > >
> > >We are running krb 1.3.3 server. Using krb524 to get krb4 tickets for
> > >fetchmail (until we get krb5 kpop going). Anyway, for one particular
> > >user so far, after maybe a couple of minutes maybe several hours,
> > >attempting to run fetchmail suddenly gives a time out of bounds error.
> >
> > And just to be perfectly clear, you checked the local time (and time
> > zone) on the client and KDC and POP server, and they're within a minute
> > or so of agreement?
> >
> > Ken
>
> --

David William Botsch