false time out of bounds error

David Botsch dwb7 at ccmr.cornell.edu
Thu Jun 10 17:46:08 EDT 2004

Has anyone seen any what seem to be falsely generated time out of
bounds errors?

We are running krb 1.3.3 server. Using krb524 to get krb4 tickets for
fetchmail (until we get krb5 kpop going). Anyway, for one particular
user so far, after maybe a couple of minutes maybe several hours,
attempting to run fetchmail suddenly gives a time out of bounds error.

Re-kinitting fixes the problem for a few minutes or hours.

So far, no one else has experienced this issue.

Any ideas?

The only weird thing I can see is that all user principals seem to have:

Expiration date: Wed Dec 30 19:00:00 EST 2037

For the affected user, I've set this to "never" to see if the problem
now goes away.

TIA for any help.

--
David William Botsch