Unix KDC/Windows2003 crossrealm trust useless for Exchange2003

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jun 10 15:45:34 EDT 2004

I am not aware of anyone who has been able to get this to work.
I have not spent time analyzing the situation but the fundamental
cause of the problem appears to be a failure either to obtain PAC
information in the cross-realm service ticket which Exchange requires;
or a failure of the user principal name to belong to a realm in
which Exchange can then lookup additional information within the
Active Directory.

Whichever the cause it does appear that Exchange was designed
to be a Microsoft only solution.

Jeffrey Altman