question on KRB5_PRIVATE

Dan Million EllEyeOh at ornl.gov
Tue Jun 8 11:15:51 EDT 2004

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> You have not specified what software package you are attempting
> to build, but if it utilizes private api calls or the internals
> of private data structures, then you must define KRB5_PRIVATE.
> The reason these data structures or APIs are considered private
> is that they are likely to change in future releases.
>
> Jeffrey Altman

I'm trying to build HPSS, a mass storage system from IBM.  I didn't
mention it because it isn't exactly widely known.

But anyway...what I found curious was that the Linux krb5.h gives you
the option of defining krb5_rcache if you set KRB5_PRIVATE.  My AIX
krb5.h doesn't give you the option at all; it just defines it as a
pointer to an empty struct.

Dan