logon to windows machine which joins a win domain using credential from MIT KDC

Lara Adianto m1r4cle_26 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 05:56:34 EDT 2004

Hello everybody,

I've been able to setup windows machine which belongs
to workgroup to authenticate to MIT KDC.
In that case, the windows machine as well as the user
are members of external realm (MIT realm)

Now, I wonder whether it's possible for a user to
login into windows machine which joins a windows
domain using his/her credential in MIT realm.
If yes, what are the changes needed in the
configuration (ksetup, trust relationship, etc) ?
In this case, in the win logon box, should I choose
the domain to be the MIT realm or windows domain ? and
should the windows machine be a member of windows AD
or external MIT realm ?

I believe that the article step by step krb5
interoperability only explains about how to setup
windows machine which belongs to workgroup to
authenticate to external MIT realm.

I'll do experiments on my part, but I will appreciate
any hints that can save my time

thanks for any input,
lara

=====