Kerberos Configuration

Gururaj gururajb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 02:20:48 EDT 2004

Hi Douglas,
Sorry couldn't reply to your reply because of internet access problem.

Thanks that was really a nice reference link. But in that link every
thing is about interoperatibility(Unix and MIT Kerberos)

Let me elaborate about my problem.

My Domain controller machine is a windows server 2003. Now I'd enabled
the Kerberos on this machine with all the paramters set to default.

The other part is my client machine. My client box is a windows server
2000.

I came to know that I need not do any thing to configure the server as
I will be already using Kerberos, right???

Can you clear some of my doubts???

1. How to verify that the Kerberos is being used for authenticaion.
2. What's the need of running KSetup.exe on the client machine.
3. How to find the Principal Name and KDC Name on the server.
4. Finally, Can KerbTray.exe be of any help to me.

Also, I saw there's KDC Service on Windows 2000 machine(not running),
my client machine. Do I need to start that service for any reasons????

Thanks in adv.

Regards,
Gururaj