Solaris pam-krb5 client and MIT krb5 KDC on Linux (Eliot Lebsack)

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Tue Jul 27 10:21:00 EDT 2004

Eliot Lebsack wrote:

> Henry,
>
> I checked all of the permissions, and they check out.
> However, this does not fix the problem.

You say the pam_krb5.so is failing? Any messages?
Have you added the debug parameter to the pam.conf line for the
login auth pam_krb5.so.1 and/or the dtlogin auth pam_krb5.so.1?

Is this the Sun provided version, or some other pam_krb5.so.1?
If its the Sun version, it might be using different libraries and looking
for krb5.conf in a different location. Sun looks at /etc/krb5/krb5.conf,
MIT looks at /etc/krb5.conf

It might also be the Solaris 8 only supports the enctypes of des-cbc-crc
and des-cbc-md5 and your principals are using 3des.