Kerberos Configuration

Gururaj gururajb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 06:34:00 EDT 2004

Hi,

I need to setup a Kerberos Authentication to execute some test cases.

Basically I need to configure my Domain control for kerberos
authenticataion. And a client box which authenticates thro kerberos,
for this I guess I need to run KSetup on the client machine.

This is what I did...
1. Set all the default values in the Kerberos Policy Parameters
2. Ran Ksetup.exe on the client machine, got the following error

Default realm: testmachine.com (NT Domain)
Failed to create kerberos key: 5 (0x5)

Do I need to configure any thing for key Distribution Center (KDC)
before I run KSetup?

Can any one please give me a step-by-step guidelines on setting up my
Server and Client boxes?

Thanks
Gururaj,