build problem on AMD64

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 21 10:39:27 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Mei," == Mei, Jia <ericm at clusterfs.com> writes:

    Mei,> Hi,

    Mei,> have anybody sucessfully build krb5 on Linux-x86_64? I just searched
    Mei,> the mail archive and can't find the answer.

    Mei,> I'm trying to build krb5 on Opteron, which installed suse8:
    Mei,> (1)
    Mei,>   ./configure --prefix=/krb5 --enable-shared --without-krb4
    Mei,>   ....
    Mei,>   checking if DNS Kerberos lookup support should be compiled in... yes
    Mei,>   checking for res_search... no
    Mei,>   checking for res_search in -lresolv... no
    Mei,>   configure: error: Cannot find resolver support routine res_search in
    Mei,>   -lresolv.

Look at the patch in http://bugs.debian.org/246404.  I have not
reviewed this patch yet.  After I review the patch I'll commit it to
the main MIT Kerberos repository.  However we do not currently have
plans for an additional 1.3.x based release, so you will probably want
to apply this patch or a similar patch yourself.

(The problem will be fixed in MIT Kerberos 1.4, but that's a ways
off.)