Starting KDC daemon on Redhat9 fails not finding master key

Peter Lu swift at TheWorld.com
Wed Jul 14 01:26:49 EDT 2004

Hi,

I followed the directions in Brian Tung's article on Kerberos for Dummies
to set up a KDC on a Redhat9 Linux system.  Upon trying to start the
daemon, I get a failure, with the log indicating that the master key
can't be located.  Where is the master key stored and what configuration
file/parameter indicates this?  I assume, per the directions, that I
can kick off the KDC daemon before the Kadmin one, as the article seems
to say.

Thanks for any help.

PL

--