Kerberos Digest, Vol 19, Issue 9

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 7 19:38:22 EDT 2004

I don't think it's off-topic, but heimdal questions may get better
answers from heimdal-discuss at sics.se.

This is a bit theoretical for me, but I think you will need to dump the
database, upgrade the server (which may use a different backend db
utility, even if the db hasn't changed), and then restore the database.
  All principals should remain intact and tickets issued under one
version should generally work with the other one.

If you have multiple servers then you should be able to avoid service
interruption if you upgrade them one at a time.  I wouldn't guarantee
that you can mix/match hprop/hpropd between versions (though it might
work).

As someone else wrote you are best off if you set up some test servers
and try the specific upgrade scenario you want to use.

----
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu