Why Kerberos named

Carl Farrington carl at 000compsup000.net.invalid
Tue Jul 6 15:25:15 EDT 2004

hikari wrote:
> Carl Farrington wrote:
>
>> The name Kerberos is used because it is the name of the three-headed
>> watch dog in Greek mythology. Most people know of this dog as being
>> called Cerberus, but this is actually the Roman (Latin) tranlation
>> of the correct and original Greek name, Kerberos.
>
> Well technicaly the correct and original Greek name is ????????, but I
> think I'm being slightly pedantic there

LOL, just a bit :D

Quite interesting though how the Greek writing "looks" the same as the
English just with different letters. i.e ?=r ?=b, ?=e, ?=s etc. My primary
school teacher was Greek (or had a Greek husband) and used to teach us bits
and we used to make Greek food such as yoghurt and that gunky stuff. Long
time ago mind.