Win2003 KDC -- Apache/mod_spnego on Solaris: "Decrypt integrity c heck failed"

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Sun Jul 4 19:28:31 EDT 2004

Dietmar,

I think as you mention, that you have to change ones the password and then
extract the keytab. Windows default is rc4-hmac and aftere setting the DES
flag you have to change the password so that Windows can create a DES key.

Regards
Markus

"BERG Dietmar" <dietmar.berg at alcatel.at> wrote in message
news:DF27CDCBD2581D4B88431901094E4B4D0154AEEB at attmsx1.aut.alcatel.at...
> Hi all,
>
> I got stuck trying to get Apache 1.3.31 with mod_spnego to work with a
Windows 2003 Server-based AD.

> The SPNEGO token received from the client (IE 6.0SP1) is passed to krb5,
but it can't be properly decoded by it.
> I've hacked the krb5 libs to produce some more debug output, but I simply
don't see what might be wrong.

> The same error also occurs with mod_gss_auth_krb5
>
> My environment:
> - OS is Solaris 8 on Sparc
> - MIT krb5 is version 1.3.4
> - Apache is 1.3.31, mod_perl-enabled
> - mod_spnego is 0.0.4, mod_gss_auth_krb5 is 0.0.3
>
> - the user-account in AD has a simple name, with an SPN of
HTTP/some.where at REALM;
password-change *after* this?)

> - KTPASS on Windows has been used to extract keytabs for both the plain
user-name and the service principal name